Trigony Hotel Restaurant Dumfries Menu
At Trigony House Hotel we love using locally sourced Scottish ingredients in all the dishes our award winning restaurant produces. Whether its fresh herbs from our own walled garden, mature Loch Arthur Cheddar from Beeswing, fresh fish from Kirkcudbright Harbour or wild roe venison from Newton Stewart, they all contribute to make our award winning rustic cuisine so tasty!
Below are some examples of the dishes that regularly appear on our restaurant menu. Click to see a sample of our vegetarian dishes (or scroll down), and if you would like a copy of tonight’s menu don’t hesitate to contact us here or call us on 01848 331211 to enquire or make a booking.
Below are a selection of dishes that regularly appear on our daily changing menu.
- Thyme Leek & Potato Soup, Rosemary Fried Chorizo
- Salt Cod Fritters with A Sweet Red Pepper Sauce
- Lamb & Rosemary Meatballs, Parmesan Polenta Mash, Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
- Warm Crispy Duck Salad with a Roasted Red Onion & Orange Dressing
- Local Smoked Salmon, Artichoke Salad, Lemon & Black Dressing
- Baked Goats Cheese & Hazelnuts, Apple Salad, Thyme Honey Dressing (v)
- Wood Pigeon, Dingwall Haggis, Devilled Sauce
- Fresh Solway Scallops Lemon, Garlic, Pimenton Butter & Basil Oil
- Roast Organic Butternut, Tarragon & Mull Cheddar Soufflé (v)
- Dry Cured Venison Ham, Black Pudding & Poached Egg Salad
Our main courses all feature locally sourced ingredients where possible, supporting local Dumfrieshire suppliers.
- Braised Scottish Beef, Porcini Mushrooms, Red Wine, & a Roast Garlic Mash
- Braised Rabbit, Wild Garlic & Pancetta, Ramsay Black Pudding
- Fillet of Fennel Scented Scottish Hake, Lemon & Saffron Risotto
- Slow Roast Belly of Pork, Apple Mash, Calvados & Cider Glaze
- Roast Chump of Lamb on a Chorizo & Red Pepper Ragout with a Rosemary Honey jus
- Moroccan style Tagine of Roe Venison Haunch, & Roast Saddle
- Fillet of Kirkcudbright Mullet, Roasted Red Pepper, Basil & Fennel Salsa
- Thyme Roast breast of Free Range Corn Fed Chicken, Pancetta, Parmesan & Lovage Sauce
- Saddle of local Roe Venison on Spiced Red Cabbage with a Port & Walnut Jus
- Cassoulet of Local Pork & Flageolet Beans With Gressingham Duck
Leave enough room to round out your gastronomic experience with something sweet, tart or tangy!
- Mango & Coconut Panna Cotta, Roast Rhubarb
- Organic Apple and Ginger Hazelnut Crumble with Homemade Vanilla Custard
- Italian Lemon Mascarpone Tart , Almond Crust, Orange Cointreau Syrup
- Strawberry Eton Mess, Balsamic Strawberry Syrup
- Home Made Ice Creams; Malted Chocolate, Raspberry Meringue, Salted Caramel Vanilla
- Chocolate Fondant Walnut Pudding, Clotted Cream
- Raspberry, Vanilla & Cinnamon Crème Brûllé
- Coffee and homemade Tablet
Our vegetarian dishes are given the same care & attention in sourcing and preparation as our other dishes.
- Sri Lankan Coconut Vegetable Curry, Basmati Rice
- Leek, Tarragon & Loch Arthur Cheddar Souffle
- Roast British Asparagus, Walnut Baked Goats Cheese, Wild Rocket & a Balsamic Syrup
- Field Mushrooms, Garlic & Parsley Cream, Brioche Crouton
- Gigli Pasta, vine Tomato, Basil & Roasted Red Pepper Sauce, Thyme Braised Fennel
- Tarka Dhal, Cucumber Raita, Spring Onion & Coriander Bhajis
- Rosemary Potato Cake, Olive Oil Braised Spinach, Cumin & Carrot Puree, Grilled Artichokes
- Middle Eastern Baked Aubergine, Ras-al-Hanout & Chick Peas with a Coucous, Mint & Lemon Balm Salad
- Roast Cinnamon Sweet Potato, Fennel frittata, Sweet Red Pepper sauce
If you have any specific dietary requirements, such as gluten free or lactose/dairy free or have any queries about the above dishes or ingredients and you would like to make a booking at the hotel restaurant but discuss special dietary requirements please don’t hesitate to contact us here or call us on 01848 331211 to enquire or make a booking.